maintains a cluster of servers (the iiStore
cluster) for file storage with NFS and SMB/CIFS connectivity.
This service is available to all groups and institutes of the D-INFK
. Key features are:
- Total storage capacity scaling upto 50TB
- High performance network and storage
- High availability (minimal downtime in case of failure or maintenance)
- Backup of all data to an off-site tape library
- Daily snapshots for quick restores
- Archival of deleted home directories
We also maintain an alternative scratch
file server for people who are interested in high performance and large amounts of space rather than high availability and data safety. Data on this server is
not backed up but we still use high-grade hardware and RAID6 to store the data.
- Quota: By default there is no quota on scratch. Of course we can add diskquotas upon request.
How to Request this Service
IT Coordinators have to contact us directly to discuss the provision of this service.