TelephonyThe voice communication service (telephony) at ETH Zurich is exclusively operated by the ID ICT Networks division. Helpful hints you can find here.
Moving the phone to another officePlease contact our service desk and tell us the UTP number of the plug you want to use your phone with. We will prepare this connector. After the plug is activated you can take your phone with the cable and plug it into the appropriate plug. Please do not forget to change your address under ETH addresses.
Replacement TelephonesThe IT Services will replace the existing telephones in the CAB / CNB buildings with new VoIP telephones starting October 20 2020.
It is important to know, that any call forwarding and key programming on the current telephone will be deleted and must be configured again by you on the new telephone.
Therefore, you can set up the call forwarding directly on the new telephone or via go2phone.ethz.ch (ETH network or via VPN connection). Where can I expect help and find instructions?
- When the new telephone is installed and put into operation, the leaflet Quick start with the most important functions of the telephone will be handed out.
- On the service page Voice Communication you will also find detailed operating instructions under Instructions / FAQ / How-To.
- Leaflet Quick start in electronic form.
- Detailed operating instruction for the model used: OpenScape CP600.
- The user password of your telephone is mentioned in the mail that you received from ITS regarding the new phone. Please change it immediately in the user menu of your telephone.
- Voice mail (answering machine) function:
- To activate the voice mail function on the telephone, call forwarding must be set up to the number 38880
- The voice mail function is provided by the Unified Messaging module of the Exchange environment. All further details can be found here