IT Coordinator (ITC) of your research group you are the local IT expert in your group. You know the IT needs of your group as well as the IT resources your group owns, both self-managed and maintained by isginf, and what they are used for. You are also the liaison between your group an isginf. If your group needs something from isginf it should be you who talks to us. We know you personally, any requests from you related to your IT groups resources are presumed to be in line with your professors interests. On the other hand, if we want something from your group, we will contact you or at least inform you when we work with someone in your group directly. service description. All these services can be directly ordered by you. However, everything can always be negotiated and there are few things we just cannot do. If you have the need for something IT related that we currently do not provide, then please contact Stefan Walter to find a solution. email@example.com whenever possible and use the various request forms. All of these requests will be handled by our ticketing system. In the customer portal you can also see all tickets of the people your are responsible for.
- Sections on this website that are restricted to ITCs.
- Access to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.
- Our warehouse for picking up stuff and items from the self-service area.
- Create, modify and delete user accounts
- Configure network plugs (UTPs) in the rooms of your group
- DNS, MAB and DHCP entries for networked devices (computers, printers, etc.)
- Installation and decommissioning of servers, desktop and laptop computers
- Create, modify and delete GitLab projects and Subversion repositories
- user accounts with our online utilities
- DNS, MAB and DHCP entries in netcenter.ethz.ch
- group projects and access to them in gitlab.inf.ethz.ch
- Helping group members with simple IT issues, especially ones related to your particular IT environment.
- Introducing new group members to the IT infrastructure of your group.
- Financing software from the IT Shop for your group members in ETHIS (or assisting your administrative assistant with this process).
- Collaboration with isginf in case of security incidents, inventory checks or changes to the ETH IT infrastructure with impact to your group.
- Make bookings for Master's students who need a seat in the master thesis lab
staff in your OU can read the information. If you need a different access policy, contact our service desk.
Stefan Walter) of isginf and get an introduction to the role. This is also a good opportunity to discuss IT related changes or improvements and meet the team.
Depending on which our our services your group uses you may want to get a crash course in:
- user account management
- networking and DNS/DHCP management
- storage management
- Linux or Windows client deployment