ETH Zurich, the Department of Computer Science and your research group. isginf typically manages the later two and provided help and support. IT Coordinator (ITC) who is the primary contact for IT related questions and issues for all members of the group and who is familiar with the groups particular IT infrastructure and the policies governing its usage. IT Coordinator is not available you can contact isginf directly. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on +41 44 632 7210 (internal 27210) or come to our service desk in CAB E 48 during our opening hours (Monday to Friday, 9:30-11:30 and 13:30-16:30). In the help section on our website you can also find solutions to the common issues and various instructions. Mail to email@example.com goes to our ticketing system and can also be viewed by your ITC. password.ethz.ch. Login with your ETH user name and your current ETH password for web applications. Then choose Change password under Self Service. The password change wizard will guide you through the process. If you have forgotten your password then please come to our service desk and bring your ETH card or another official identification document with you.
- Set up ETH email and calendar service on your computer and mobile devices.
- Create a personal home page at
http://people.inf.ethz.ch/<your ETH user name>.
- Order software on the IT Shop.
- Access the ETH network via WIFI and set up VPN for secure network connections from outside ETH.
- Verify that your personal data is correct.
- Workstations installed by isginf (Linux and/or Windows)
- Personal storage (home directory) on the central file server
- Access to the scratch storage of your group
- Move the mails you want to keep to a private mailbox and request a permanent forward.
- Copy your personal home page to a new location and request a permanent redirect. Please ask your ITC if there is a space on the group website for the home pages of former members.
- Transfer any data that belongs to your research group from your home directory or personal laptop to a location designated by your ITC.
- Delete unwanted data stored on workstations, laptops, network shares, etc.
- Return your laptop and other hardware to your ITC.